Monday 11 August 2014

mannequin

I am still
Turning to stone
Hoping the permanent feature
Will somehow be turned to life
The hand of midas instead turned me to stone
Gargoyle 
staring at the world go by
as though trapped in a glass jar barely breathing
somehow a guardian
the companion never leaving
always there

Did you notice 
Do you see the dead aching
Stagnant water turned green
pools of longing and wait
not flowing but still
Mannequin 
no language just a cause
silent fight
staring at you beyond the facade 
Stuck in position
Starved into immobility

Frozen, watching
Waiting, hoping
Unnoticed, unwanted
The observer from an alien place
Trying to be a part
reality
Its like breathing and your lungs reject the air
Wheeze and squeak
self destruct 
Needing to thaw but cold hearts freeze
the realisation that there is nothing left

The tunnel is invitingly dry
Going deeper to maybe provoke a response
About the distance
The silence, the darkness
Statue
still here, invisible
At home in empty spaces
The tunnel my home
just me, her and the music
Silencing the noise
Dancing  at darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenacity

 What scares you the most The fact that am unbreakable  I contained a 10 year  nuclear bombing  Escapade inside of my heart Yet her I stand ...